LFTB posts worth reading from the last few days:
- Iowa governor Terry Branstad, who has called for a Congressional probe of the “smear campaign” against LFTB, sends a letter to fellow governors seeking support and urges Iowa schools to continue to use groundbeef with the filler.
- But some in Iowa are “queasy” at his attempt to “muzzle” food advocates.
- NYSHEPA’s Nancy Huehnergarth discusses lack of transparency in the food industry and analyzes why consumers are so angry.
- Wall Street Journal‘s Market Watch opines: no matter what the beef industry does or says, maybe people just don’t want to eat this stuff.
- Mark Bittman tries to draw larger implications from the LFTB controversy, as does David Katz, director of the Yale Research Center.
- Bri of Red, Round or Green worries about the hostile tone of most LFTB discourse. (But my warning to commenters yesterday seems to have had a beneficial effect on this blog. Thanks to all for that.)
- And if you haven’t seen it yet, do check out Stephen Colbert’s riff on LFTB — and its nakedly political defense by the “Beefstate Governors.”
Do You Love The Lunch Tray? ♥♥♥ Then “like” The Lunch Tray! Join over 2,700 TLT fans by liking TLT’s Facebook page (or follow on Twitter) and you’ll get your Lunch delivered fresh daily, along with bonus commentary, interesting kid-and-food links, and stimulating discussion with other readers. You can also check out my virtual bulletin boards on Pinterest and find selected TLT posts on The Huffington Post.