Following the lead of other bloggers and writers in the past few days, I thought I’d share my list of some people (and organizations) for whom I’m truly thankful . . . .
People Who Inspire and Challenge Me to Be a Better Blogger
- Janet Poppendieck, author of the excellent Free for All: Fixing School Food in America, and quite literally my inspiration for starting The Lunch Tray in the first place;
- Dana Woldow of PEACHSF, for her unfailingly insightful and hard-hitting analyses of school food issues, and for always keeping me on my toes;
- Justin Gagnon of Choicelunch, Maggie (a frequent TLT commenter) and Wilma (TLT’s anonymous school food professional), for sharing with me their real world, behind-the-lunch-line knowledge;
- Michele Simon of Appetite for Profit, for shining a much-needed spotlight on the powerful corporate influences affecting food policy — and our kids.
Sites I Rely on For Solid Information About Kids and Food
People Working Hard Every Day to Improve School Food:
- Chef Ann Cooper, aka the Renegade Lunch Lady
- The Food Services folks in my own district, Houston ISD, especially those of you on the receiving end of my endless questions.
Sites and Blogs That Inspire Me as a Parent, and as a Cook
And Of Course . . .
♥ YOU, the TLT readership! ♥
I’ll be taking a holiday break and will see you back here on Monday the 28th. (I’ll announce the winner of the Turkey Day Bon Appétit magazine giveaway just after noon CST tomorrow on TLT’s Facebook page and in the comments section of that post.)
Finally, before I sign off, the Food Research and Action Center reports that almost 1/4 of all American kids are currently living in food-insecure households. So at this time of year I like to remind readers that you can always click on the “Feed Hungry Kids” tab above for links to three reputable charities working to alleviate hunger here in the United States and around the world. I also provide a link to the very addictive Free Rice game, which tests your knowledge of various subjects while helping to feed the hungry.
Have a wonderful holiday, everyone!
Do You Love The Lunch Tray? ♥♥♥ Then “like” The Lunch Tray! Join over 1,370 TLT fans by liking TLT’s Facebook page (or follow on Twitter) and you’ll get your Lunch delivered fresh daily, along with bonus commentary, interesting kid-and-food links, and stimulating discussion with other readers.